We are honored and thrilled to present the Ben Schuman Science Grant!
Mr. Schuman taught Junior High School Science for 41 years and served 7 years on the FTEF Board of Directors. Mr. Schuman grew up and attended school in Franklin Township. In addition to his teaching, he served as a coach and mentor to many students beyond his classroom. He is a terrific Franklin Township historian and proud Flash!
During his teaching career, Mr. Schuman believed in hands-on learning. Mr. Schuman is particularly interested in Biological, Botanical, Earth Sciences, and Climate Control – But, strongly believes there is a need to raise interest in all of the sciences including Physics and Chemistry. Because of his strong commitment to the sciences and our youth, Mr. Schuman is working with FTEF to provide this grant opportunity. We look forward to reviewing your proposals!
Ben Schuman Science Grant Guidelines:
- FTEF will award grade-level specific grants to Pre K – 12 grades
- Maximum awarded = $1,000 per grant
- Your Grant Proposal must be in keeping with the grade-level FTCSC science curricula, classroom needs & projects or a related field trip
- Requests should closely align with at least one FTEF Funding Priority (LITERACY. SUPPORT. INCLUSION. CULTURE)
- Funds awarded must be spent by May 2024.
2023 Ben Schuman Science Grant APPLICATION DEADLINE IS December 3, 2023 at MIDNIGHT.